Our skin is the most affected organ. It gets exposed to the wear and tear of daily activities along with pollution, resulting in tan, pores, patches, etc. The dead cells and dirt build-up causes a youthful skin to look aged, rough, and wrinkled. Many products claim to take care of your skin’s problems, but the cons of using chemicals, parabens, mineral oils etc. will leave you with the fear of choosing a product. But, with Ayurveda, you don’t have to worry about the chemicals, parabens, or mineral oils. All things used here are natural. One such product that can treat your skin from all the problems is Nalpamaradi Thailam. Ayurvedic doctors mostly prescribe this for rejuvenating the skin and eliminating all skin problems. Nalpamaradi thailam is safe for usage, even in babies.
What is ‘Nalpamara’?
The term Nalpamara refers to the inclusion of barks of four trees namely Peepal (Ashwatha or Ficus Religiosa), Banyan (Ficus benghalensis), Plaksha (Ficus Lacor), and Udumbara (Ficus Glomerata). There are other ingredients like Turmeric, Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides), Sandalwood, Manjishta, and Amla that give a healthy natural glow to the skin. The base oil is sesame oil which facilitates the absorption of these ingredients into the skin. The base oil can also be coconut oil, and in this case, it is known as ‘Nalpamaradi Kerathailam’.
Significance of the ingredients in Shesha Nalpamaradi Thailam
- Peepal tree bark contains Vitamin K, which acts as a complexion corrector and preserver. It also helps minimize skin inflammation, heal bruises, reduce pigmentation, dark circles, surgery and stretch marks.
- Banyan tree bark helps reduce swelling, excessive sweating, etc.
- Vetiver provides cooling properties to the thailam
- Turmeric, the known antioxidant reduces pigmentation, heals blemishes, and gives even skin tone.
- Sandalwood: The antibacterial activity helps eliminate bacteria, and gives a cooling effect. It is effective against sunburn, suntan, soften skin, and removes acne.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry): Amla has antibacterial properties, reducing dark spots and adding a healthy glow to the skin.
Color and Scent
It is slightly thicker and has a yellowish hue due to turmeric. The aroma is strong.
In terms of pharmacology
Nalpamaradi thailam is known to have the following properties.
Uses of Nalpamaradi Thailam
Nalpamaradi Thailam is a skin illuminator that fights against all skin problems.
• Removes tan and lightens the skin complexion
• Repairs uneven skin tone, pigmentation, and marks
• Nourishes and hydrates the skin
Nalpamaradi oil works best when massaged to the skin; this is because massaging facilitates easy absorption. The following steps are to be followed
- Clean your face and body
- Gently Massage a little amount of Shesha nalpamaradi thailam onto your face and body.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Wash away with regular water, or any soap-free cleanser, or chickpea/gram flour.
- 100% Natural
- Safe for babies
- Brightens dull skin
- Repairs pigmentation
- Detans and lightens
- Can be used in face and body
- Can be used during pregnancy
Ageing is a natural process and cannot be reverted; but looking aged because of your skin is not the norm. Regular use of Shesha Nalpamaradi thailam gives your skin a natural, healthy, and vibrant glow.